Students interested in joining aggieTEACH-Science must meet certain prerequisites and submit an application. Keep scrolling to access the application details.
Students must meet the minimum requirements below to be considered for the program.
- Grades in 1st year courses for area of certification must average to B or better.
- Mathematics 7-12: MATH 151/171 and MATH 152/172
- Life Science 7-12: BIOL 111 and BIOL 112
- Physical Science 6-12 (CHEM major): CHEM 119 (101/111) and CHEM 120 (102/112)
- Physical Science 6-12 (PHYS major): PHYS 206/226 and PHYS 207/227 (or PHYS 218/208)
- Chemistry 7-12: CHEM 119 (101/111) and CHEM 120 (102/112)
- Science 7-12 (composite science): depends on introductory coursework for major
- Overall GPR of 2.75 or higher.
- GPR of 2.5 in content area for certification.
- SCEN 201 final course grade of B or better.
- 15 hrs of coursework in content area for certification area.
- 30-80 college credit hours.
- Minimum of three semesters remaining as an undergraduate student with the capacity to incorporate 18 hr education minor and content courses for certification.
Students must complete all fields within the application. Two of the fields include essay statements that address the following:
- Discuss what you perceive as your strengths and weaknesses related to the teaching profession. Describe how you intend to strengthen these weaknesses.
- Discuss why you want to teach secondary mathematics or science. Include some of your past experience working with students in a mathematics or science setting.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.